A few random thoughts today:
- I miss blogging. I am in a blogging funk. I just haven't really felt like it much lately, and yet I miss it, all at the same time. I hope to get back to blogging about stuff soon. And not just scrapbook layouts (although I enjoy making and posting those, too).
- We just got back from a weekend get-away to Cincinnati, just Chad and me. It was wonderful. We needed to get away - away from work, away from animals that puke and need walked and poop where they shouldn't, away from kids whom we love but who need lots of attention, away from a house that needs cleaned and clothes that need washed and dirty dishes that never end. We enjoyed ourselves quite thoroughly, if even only for two days. Maybe I'll blog about that sometime soon.
- I got into Karen Russell's Online Photographer's Workshop! I am super-excited about this — and wondering whether it was a necessary purchase. I LOVE Karen Russell's photography. (Check out her stuff on her blog.) She's what I call a "real-life photographer" - someone who captures life in the moment, as it happens, without any (or much) posing. That's my kind of style. She is famous (in the scrapbooking/photography world) for photos of her own family life. She doesn't photograph other people's families like "normal" photographers...and yet she has a captivating way of telling her life's story (and making it into a profitable business!). Anyway, I tried registering for this class last year, but ended up one of 745 (or was it 795?) people on her waiting list. So when registration opened this morning, I was clicking on Register just as soon as it was active. And I was so, so excited when I got in! (Then, as buyer's remorse set in, I began wondering if I really need this class. After all, I did go to school for this stuff. Still, I think she can teach me a lot! Hope I learn some great stuff!)
- I am having trouble staying motivated today. I was doing well earlier. Not so much this afternoon. Hmmm...
- Can't let a post go by without a photo. So here's my layout that I did for Chad's and my anniversary. I'm too impatient right now to wait for Photoshop to open (my computer is in a funk, too) so I can copy the text and paste it here. So you'll have to click on the image for a bigger version, and then squint! :o) I hope I don't get sick of this picture of us. I have used it a LOT lately - on everything from a Christmas ornament to an 11x14 picture framed in our house to scrapbook layouts to a little canvas for Chad's desk at work. I love this shot! (It's by Connie Phillips, if you're from around here.)
Have a great week!